Monday 28 June 2010

Oh dear oh dear

Wow, I'm very very behind with this blog.

Despite appearances, I'm doing my best to keep up with things. Monday was Switzerland and Spain, Tuesday was France, Nigeria and Greece, Germany was Wednesday, Thursday was Denmark and Friday was Portugal. Saturday was South Korea, Sunday was England (cough) and Argentina.

Only a couple of countries have eluded me so far. I'm pretty freakin' upset with the Italians, who I figured were a dead cert to get through to the next stages. They've let me down badly. I'm going to Italy for work this week and things had better go well, because right now I'm very very disappointed in the Italians as a nation. They'd best make nice when I visit.

The other country I've failed on are Honduras. One of the pubs tipped for watching Honduras was only included in the recommendations because it's close to Honduras Street. That's some quality journalism right there! Mind you, having done a bit of my own homework - including going back to Zoo Bar and Club, which came good for Uruguay - I have to admit that it's not easy to track down Hondurans in London. So no hard feelings, Honduras, but you're off the list.

The bottom line is that I'm not going to make the whole 32 countries, but on the plus side, there are only three teams left for me to get round to! The trouble is, they're all playing on Monday. The Netherlands take on Slovakia during the afternoon, so I'm relying on the men in orange to make it through. Unfortunately, Brazil and Chile are playing each other in the evening, but my ability to check out either of those countries is going to depend on an event that I'm running at work. Fingers crossed I can make it somewhere for the second half!

1 comment:

  1. I tried a number of places for Honduras (near Elephant & Castle, On Anon and Zoo Bar) but to no avail. The embassy told me there's no real organised community.

    When looking for Hondurans in Zoo bar, I did spy a clutch of Chileans there from an earlier match. I think I'll go there later, even if Zoo bar is DULL, DULL, DULL.

    ReplyDelete