Sunday 20 June 2010

Halfway there!

Well, what do you know. Ten days into the tournament and I've ticked off my 16th team, which takes me to halfway!

I have to say, it feels pretty good. I've watched more football in ten days than in the previous ten months, and I have to say, I'm having a blast. But it's not all plain sailing. I've got big scheduling problems this week, as the tournament reaches the last games of the group stages. My chances of getting round all 32 teams look pretty non-existent, but whatever happens, I'm sticking with this until the end.

Of course, I'm falling behind with my write-ups as well. I visited London's first Serbian pub on Friday, followed by a Slovenian venue before (we'll skim over that England performance, shall we?) watching Japan and Cameroon on Saturday. Today, Sunday, has been Slovakia, New Zealand and Ivory Coast (sort of).

A big hello to everyone I met: Slobodan, Polona, Roger, Megumi, Matt, Dereck, Bernard, Sam, Brenda, Jonathan, Gaby, another Jonathan, Ben, Adrian, Geoff, Glen, Hannes, and James. Thanks for making it such a fun weekend.

You'll probably all get more of a mention here soon, one way or another!

2 comments:

  1. big hello back to you :) we're gonna be at the same place on wednesday in case if you want to watch slovenian game again ;) take care and good luck, polona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Nice to meet you yesterday. I'm enjoying your accounts so far, and look forward to reading more. Favourite bit so far is the Algerian man randomly falling over.

    ReplyDelete