Friday 11 June 2010

This isn't as easy as I thought

The combination of perverse daytime scheduling from Fifa with my day job is going to make it bloody hard to see all the teams. I haven't figured out if it can be done yet. Some serious planning is needed: ideally with a wallchart, a large spreadsheet, and a diagram of some sort.

To make things worse I'm starting with a hard one. I want to watch the game with Uruguayans tonight, but the Evening Standard's tip is actually an 'Argentine grill'. That doesn't seem quite satisfactory for my first outing.

So I've spoken to the Uruguayan Embassy. Enrique - no kidding - was ever so helpful, explaining that there isn't a Uruguayan venue in London per se, as they only have around 500 nationals living here.

I bow to the Standard. Looks like the substitute generic Latin grill will have to suffice.

1 comment: